post circle

I'm baaaaack! :)

7.08.2012



HOLY MOLY has it been awhile or what!? Ahhhhh! I've been MIA and honestly had no idea it had been forever and a lightyear since my last post. That goes to show you that I've been everywhere BUT here lately. Anyway, it feels good to be back! :) My vacation was good...a little too short, but doesn't it always happen that way?

There really isn't a better feeling than the one you get when you walk into your home after vacation. As much fun and exciting as a break can be, the feeling knowing that you're HOME and laying in your own bed just can't be beat.

If you follow me on instagram, you are fully aware that my life for the past two weeks has been a whirlwind. A blast in a glass really...but BUSY and tomorrow I return back to my 8 to 5 job for an inbox full of e-mails I am dreading to look at. Boo to you real world.

Last week/weekend I was in California attending an old high school friend's wedding and visiting with old familiar faces that I haven't seen in for.ev.errrr. and as soon as my plane landed back in Texas, it was off to work for one day, a softball game, a shower, a 2 hour trip to my Mom's to drop off my dogs and then we took off to the Frio River with DDHP, Stephanie, Beau, Kristen, Wylie, Ashley and Todd.

Both of my vacations were so much fun and I can't wait to post all about them.

So for starters...let me recap my California trip.

Sadly, I was a bad blogger and didn't take that many pics on my DSLR...but my iPhone of course was there to capture a lot of it.

The hardest part was leaving Austin. Drew and I haven't spent more than 4 days apart since we've been married *eye rolls insert here* but here it was our anniversary, and I was leaving him home alone for 6 dayssss! That's A LOT in our world. We made each other handmade cards (like always) and the sweet little hot pants muffin left me at the airport with a handful of hugs and kisses.

5f041ec1

When we said our goodbyes, I stood in line with my phone in hand and for some reason wanted to cry but I held it in and battled the lump in my throat. I kept thinking come on Shay, it's 6 days. It's not the end of the world you big WIMP. SO I did what any other pathetic wife would do...I texted him.

073b527a

I guess I wasn't the only one who was sad. :) It's a good sign that we are still corny and in love as the day we met. I sure do love that boy.

I landed in Salt Lake and after a short layover, I flew into Sacramento at around midnight. Danielle, one of my very best friends picked me up with her dog, Yorrick, and dropped me off at my other best friend's house (Jenny) in Rockin, which is about 30 minutes or so north of Sacramento.

We caught up and chit chatted for a bit and then we went to bed. The next day was so much fun. Jenny and I slept in, had some coffee, went on a WOG (jog+walk) with her new puppy Abby, showered up and met up with Danielle for some Starbucks and mani/pedis.

a82491dd

This was a blast because I don't get to see these two ladies enough and they just make my heart so happy. Once we were done with the mani/pedi's we went shopping for the rest of the day. Ya know...tried on some shoes, and some more shoes...oh and some hats. Just girl time that you'd appreciate. ;)

e63a3454888b8190

Once the shopping was over, we all got dressed and headed to dinner on the river in Sacramento at Chevy's and had ourselves some margaritas.

60100c67

The next day was mostly spent traveling to good ol' Lake County California. Yorrick was quite the passenger and we saw a sign that said YOLO. Doesn't get much better than that.

d700df01

Saturday was wedding day and it was seriously one of the most fun weddings I've ever attended. I am sure seeing old high school friends accounted for a lot of that fun (can you say mini high school reunion!?), but that aside, the live 80's cover band, the air, the scenery, the people...it was all just incredibly beautiful. My friend Allie had the wedding at the house she grew up in, which was just perfect. Good times were had by all and I got to catch up with so many old friends.

de692bc2

dccedd27

d927b226

a6d9e0dd

213781e2

The next day we went to help clean up at the wedding and then headed to my old volleyball coach's house to hang out. After that, we headed back to Sacramento and I got ready to leave the next day.

bd758c6fe9cac0ac

All in all, it was a great trip. I was sad to leave my best friends, but excited to get home to my husband and puppies.

cf1c3bc6

Sometimes I miss living in California...but I know Texas will always be my home. :)

Check back tomorrow for the second part of my vacation with my love bugs Steph and Kristen. I have to go tend to pictures and laundry. Ohhhh yeahhhh. Be jealous. ;)
P.s.) And for those of you who have asked via Facebook and instagram, my dress is from Francesca's and my shoes are from DSW! :) Xo!

post circle 16 comments :

  1. Okay, two things- one, did your friend wear a WHITE dress to a wedding? Gasp! Haha I always pick something with as little white as possible because I'm so big on the "no one wear white but the bride" thing.
    Second, my husband and I have been married over two years, together about 5 and we've been apart up to a month at a time but I still cry and whine when we spend more than a day apart. I visited my family for a week and the entire week before I left we would look at each other and he would go "I'm going to miss you so much..." and I would start to cry like a baby. I'm pathetic, I know. But the reunion is always wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to the Bahamas my boyfriend and I had a hard time being away from each other. Normally he travels with me. It's always great to know you both feel the same way as you did back in the very beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh your vaca sounded so perfect and i loved hearing about it alllll the way throughout it via social media and texts!! :-)

    that wedding outfit on you is KILLER. Seriously you look hawt!!

    those texts and such between you adn ddhp melt my heart. I love you both soo much <3

    FRIO RIVER! cant wait for the recap!

    muah!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun back in Cali! I can't wait to see y'alls picks from the Frio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great trip to California! Question... you're from Lake County!? I have family that lives there. Lakeport to be exact. I didn't know people actually left that little place. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I say it every time, but I LOVE you and ddhp!! Because I think it is so sweet you guys love hanging around each other so much. Not only love each other but LIKE each other as well :)

    and question...did you get any pictures with the hoes from the reunion? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU and I MISSES YOU ALREADY!!! We need to plan our next rendevous SOON!!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Drew get cuter by the minute I swearrr! Love your shoes, I need those asap! Can't wait to hear about the river.. even though I already read Kristen's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love having you back and hearing about all your updates while seeing your super cute pictures, as always, I love it!!! :) Yay for your trip to CA! I love that you both miss each other so much while you are away and that you wrote hand written cards...that is adorable, and something I too would do! I love your red dress you wore to your friend's wedding...what fun too! Looking forward to more from your vacation! Woo Hoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you were like 10 freaking minutes from my house!! I hope you will come back some day so I can plan a meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the same way. I'm miserable if I'm apart from Sean for more than a day, hehe. I call us lucky!

    Love the pictures. You looked incredible!

    Looks like a very fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ddhp drew himself with bedhead hahahaha. you guys make eachother cards? really? could you be any more notebook-ish?

    my bf's version of a card is an email with the subject line that says "happy birthday" and on the inside it says "boobie"

    nothing else.

    ;)

    hahahahaha gotta love it.

    your dress for the wedding was so cute!! i love it!

    my dream in second grade was to move to texas, i really need to get out there to visit! i'm dying to visit austin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so so glad I read every word to the end, because I was about to ask where that dress was from. So cute! It looks like you had such a fun trip, and it's so cute that you and your husband are still so so sweet! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Orange dress! Francesca's is one of my current favorite stores to frequent. If I have $100 to blow, I know I can go in there and spend is all in about 2.5 seconds! Very cute blog, I'm now following!

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahah! Yolo... but yes Texas is the best!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  16. love love love love love what you wore to the wedding. annnnnnnnd, i KNOW that is not a YOLO sign. whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

    ReplyDelete